I have a container well I actually have a whole mess of containers with bits and pieces of leftover stuff (technical term). I pulled four HST's out,and an idea was born. I added the sewing appliques then the flowers and vines
|Pinwheel block from orphan HST's|
I took the height multiplied it by two, for the front and back, and added the depth to find out how long the piece needed to be. I cut it about two inches longer and wider than I needed. This was a perfect project to get used to using my new machine for FMQing. I didn't mark anything, I had fun and just let it flow.
|Main cover all FMQed.|
The end pieces I just did more free motion quilting, I did mark the edges to determine were I wanted my lines on the crosshatch piece.
|cross hatching for the one end piece|
The other end I did a feather, echoed it a couple times and then some simple stippling.
|feather and stippling for the other end piece.|
When I sewed the ends I didn't finish the inside seams with binding like Kelly did I instead topstitched an 1/8'' from the seam. I bound the bottom edge using binding pieces from another one of my containers. I put leftover pieces of binding in, then when I need a smaller binding I have one readily available.
|topstitching on the end seams|
A couple photos of the finished cover modeled by my lovely machine.
|feather shows up nicely on the end piece|
|I have a knee lift for the presser foot so that's what you see coming out the front|
My machine is now covered, and I am happy with how this project turned out.
I am offering the flower, vines and sewing accessories appliques in my Craftsy pattern store free.
If your Free Motion Quilting needs a little brushing up or you are just starting out why not try a Craftsy class they are 50% off for a limited time. This is an affiliate link whereby I receive a small commission if you make a purchase.